F2F: High challenge interactive language & lit experiences
FACE TO FACE Presented by Dr Leonie Arthur and Dr Margery Hertzberg. This practical course will provide teachers with a range of strategies for small group interactive language and literacy experiences. There is a focus on play-based and hands-on experiences and authentic texts that build vocabulary, and support interpretive and evaluative responses to texts and the creation of written and multimodal texts. Practical strategies include language experience/digital language experience and a variety of drama and visual arts experiences.
- Play-based language and literacy experiences and authentic texts provide a meaningful context for purposeful talk and the development of vocabulary.
- Learn how to support the development of Tier 2 words that extend meaning and Tier 3 words that are topic specific.
- Support vocabulary development and understandings of narrative structure through joining children's play.
- Support students’ understandings of the connections between spoken and written language.
Who should participate?
- Teachers of students in years F-3 and teachers of EAL/D students
Cost of participation:
(until 28 July 2022)
Completing this course will contribute 3 hours of face to face professional development addressing 1.3.2, 1.4.2, 1.5.2, 3.2.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
Afternoon tea will be provided.
Should planned face to face events have to be cancelled due to changing COVID situations, PETAA will endeavour to offer the same course online either via live webinar at the same time or in a recorded format on our LearnBook platform which enables participants to complete the course in their own time. Should PETAA be unable to offer a course online, a full refund or PETAA credit towards another course will be provided.
Online registration not available.