What is this course about?
This course helps you to use the data you collect to know your students better. Understanding data allows teachers to make informed decisions and tailor instructional approaches to meet the specific needs of students.
Data literacy also enables teachers to collaborate effectively with colleagues and engage in professional learning communities. When teachers understand data analysis techniques, they can contribute meaningfully to discussions about student performance, share best practices, and learn from their peers. This collaborative approach fosters a culture of continuous improvement within your school.
This course is presented by Dr Selena Fisk, teacher, and data storyteller. Learn how to use the data you collect to have highly informed conversations to support evidence-based decisions.
Through completing this course, participants will:
- Access and understand how to use the data you have.
- Review your current practices and consider the types of data that are most useful and relevant.
- Plan ways to work with peers and colleagues to understand qualitative and quantitative data
- Understand how to use data to plan for improvement in literacy learning at your school
Who should participate?
- Teachers - Years F - 6
- Literacy Coordinators
- School leaders
What else do I need to know?
This is a perfect opportunity for colleagues to work together in a PL session, or independently as part of their professional development practice. This course is self-paced and unmoderated, meaning all participants have access to materials for 365 days from the date they register.
How does it work?
- Individuals: upon registration individuals will be sent a link to access the PL on our online learning platform.
- Group Booking (up to 25 staff): One staff member must register on behalf of their school and will then be required to email us the names, job titles and email addresses of teachers they wish to enrol.
|Cost of participation
|PL Subscription School Member
*Enquire to register a group. Member Schools only.
|Non-Member Group booking*
*Enquire to register a group.
Not a member? Sign up here to access group pricing, discounts and our member resource portal.
Completing this course comprises 3 hours (NSW - Elective PL) of online professional learning addressing standards 5.4.2, and 5.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.