ONLINE: Grammar 101 - Part 3b (Upper Primary)
Opens 15th February 2023
Online unmoderated course
An introduction to the authentic teaching of grammar.
Grammar 101 - Part 3b is the third course in a series of online unmoderated courses.
- Part 1 – The Grammar Story
- Part 2 – How is grammar relevant and useful?
- Part 3a – Teaching grammar in Lower Primary
- Part 3b – Teaching grammar in Upper Primary
- Understand the power of grammar and its impact in the upper primary years.
- Make links between curriculum outcomes and the teaching of grammar.
- Explore practical ideas for teaching grammar, with clear and actionable tips and strategies you can implement immediately.
Who should participate?
- All teachers - Years F-6
- School leaders
- Early career and pre-service teachers
What else do I need to know? This is a perfect opportunity for colleagues to work together in a year, stage or full staff meeting. As the first of 4 video workshops on grammar, we hope that by participating teachers become better informed and more confident in teaching grammar authentically.
How does it work?
- Individuals: upon registration individuals will be sent a link to access the PL on our online learning platform.
- Whole schools: One staff member must register on behalf of their school. They can choose to have a single link to view this together or can email us the names and email addresses of teachers they wish to enrol.
|Cost of participation
Completing this workshop will contribute 1 hour (NSW - Elective PL) of online Professional Learning addressing 1.1.2, 1.2.2, 1.5.2, 2.1.2, 2.2.2. 3.2.2, 3.3.2, 4.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
| Purchase text here