F2F TWILIGHT: Literature as a tool for authentic learning
Face to face workshop
6 February 2023
Primary school classroom teachers are expected to teach a broad range of content and skills as mandated by the Victorian Curriculum. Within this crowded curriculum, literature can serve as a valuable resource for teaching not only English, but other content areas, cross-curriculum priorities and capabilities. You will explore:
- The structure and learning areas of the Victorian Curriculum
- The power of literature for engaging in learning across the curriculum
- Sourcing quality literature for use in the classroom
- Designing authentic learning experiences using quality texts
Gain a thorough overview of the role of literature in teaching the Victorian curriculum, and learn practical strategies that you can apply to your classroom practice.
Who should participate?
- All Victorian teachers
- All Victorian school leaders
- Educational consultants
|Cost of participation
This workshop is delivered Face-to-Face in Glen Iris, VIC. Not local? Request this course in your area.