Online: Where do I start?
Literacy teaching for beginning teachers. Presented by Robyn Wild, this workshop will address common questions that pre-service teachers, beginning teachers and teachers new to a particular year level ask.
- How could my daily literacy session be structured?
- What should I be teaching my students about reading and writing?
- How can I help my students become confident, successful readers and writers?
- Participants will identify how they can organise their classroom, equipment and classroom print to support students' literacy learning, clarify what needs to be taught and how this may best be accomplished, discuss planning and programming options.
Who should participate?
- Pre-service teachers
- Beginning teachers
- Teachers new to a particular year level in 2021
Cost of participation:
| Student member
Afternoon tea will be provided.
Accreditation for NSW teachers: Completing Where Do I Start? Literacy teaching for beginner teachers before 31 July 2021 under NESA’s interim arrangements will contribute 2 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum addressing standards 1.2.2, 2.2.2, 3.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.